Friday 7 November 2014

Something you are proud of

Hi Blogheads.
Today I’d like to talk about something I am proud of. I know pride is one of the seven deadly sins but it isn’t always bad. Bad pride is bragging about something or – to use a common English saying,  ‘blowing your own trumpet’.  In another context, the feeling of satisfaction you get from having achieved something difficult or complicated could also be described as pride but it’s a very personal sensation. It could be from running a marathon, winning a prize at school, learning to drive or play a musical instrument or simply from making someone else feel good.

Well, one time I had this feeling was when I got my MA result. I foolishly did my MA by Distance Learning but because it was my only option. I couldn’t afford to take a year of to dedicate to studying. Additionally, I wanted to study in an English speaking university. Working full time and studying was a problem and took me 4-and-a-half years to finish a 3-year course. I took a 6-month break after the first module because I was overwhelmed. I also have to take a yearlong break after module 3 because of a stress related virus. Writing my dissertation was a nightmare but it was the part I was most proud of and was actually my highest mark. I often had to read and write all night and go to work without having slept. I cross-referenced a huge amount of sources but, despite the sleepless nights and days, I really enjoyed the experience. I wouldn’t like to do it again but I guess I’m proud I did a good job.
Write about something you are proud of.
Say:
What it is,
Why you are proud of it,
How difficult or easy it was,
Whether you would like to relive the experience.


Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

8 comments:

  1. not sleeping at having to study is the worst :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that people who study and work are amazing. I was raised with a lot of amenities that sometimes I question myself if I'm trained to do a good job doing both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you like to suggest this kind of topic? Is too difficult for me to think about it. :/
    Nevertheless, I think what you did is amazing. Is great to achieve our personal goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teacher, I also would feel very proud to take an MA, is a great achievement, but I must say that are higher terms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When writing my dissertation also I will feel proud *o*

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's difficult studying and working at same time. I lived it in the past. You should be proud of your achievement.

    ReplyDelete