Friday 14 November 2014

Why I'm Studying ............

Today I'd like you to write about why you decided to study the subject you chose to study. I studied modern languages at university. I didn't give in much thought actually. I studied as a mature student and I took the course because it was related to my área of work at the time - teaching English.
I had been living in Spain teaching English and I went back to Britain to do a TEFL qualification. Once I'd finished I started to notice that most good Jobs required a university degree. Anyway, a friend of mine taught on a modern languages course and he suggest that I apply.
I enjoyed studying. I made some good friends and one of the attractive things about the course was that I had to live in a foreign country for 12 months during my 3 year. This is how I first came to Chile. What I didn't like about the subject was that it was very business oriented. I chose courses related to literature and culture but I still had to do some courses on economics which I found very boring.
I think being a mature student made a big difference on how I approached studying. I didn't go out as much as my classmates and I spent more time in the library than the majority. Coming to Chile was obviously the best part of my student life. I spent a year as a Language Assistant in Universidad Metropolitain de Las Ciencias de La Educación (UMCE) and had a wonderful time. I think living abroad as part of my study programme was a great experience and a wonderful opportunity to learn. In my case, it was the beginning of a new period of my life that is still going on today.

Write about why you decided to study the subject you chose.
Say:
What factors influenced your decisión.
What you like about the subject
What you dislike about the subject,
What you intend to do once you graduate.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

9 comments:

  1. It's great that coming to Chile was the best part of your student life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wau! I don´t know this story. Is very interesting, I´d like travel to other country for teach my language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i had to live 12 months in other country , I would feel very desoriented

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best part is that you studied only 3 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. superb experience, hope you're still learning and teaching new things

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are a student very lucky Simon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice, specially for us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teacher Simon for me is very nice read you history of as I become teacher, turns of life are often unthinkable, the best is acquire experience traveling around the world, I would love to have a chance so in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  9. Idid´n´t know that your study or chile ,but , why did you choose chile to come to study ?

    ReplyDelete