Friday 29 August 2014

A Family Meal

Hi Blogheads:

Today I'm going to tell you about a family meal I remember. It was in the 1980's but I don't remember what year. I think we were celebrating my youngest brother's birthday which is on December 23rd. The most important thing is that it was the first family meal after my mother's death. All the family were there. My Dad, my sisters - Terri, Clare, Moe, Lizzie and Fran, and my brothers - Ady, Colin and Ged (the birthday boy). My nephew Dan was also there.
The meal was memorable because it turned into a big food fight. My dad had always been very strict at meal times but on this occasion he just sat there laughing at his crazy children.
I think it was Ady who started the fight by putting a plate of birthday cake in Moe's face. Ged thought this was fun and threw cake at Lizzie, then all hell broke loose. The fight lasted about 5 minutes but it took us about an hour to clean up afterwards. There was cake everywhere! The floor, the ceiling, the walls, the curtains, and of course, al over me, my brothers and sisters. My dad was the only one who escaped food free.
A wonderful memory:)

Write about a family meal you remember.
Say:
When it was,
Who was there,
What you were celebrating,
What things you remember.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

Higginson Tribe 2010

15 comments:

  1. You and men with the guitar are very similar jojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha great! is a big story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! Your family is huge! I love huge families.. with all them noise, little fights and routines.
    It was a very lovely story, I think your mother were enjoying the fight too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i neve have a food fight, i think that is so funny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once my brother and I made a food fight... but our parents scolded us :c
    we never tried it again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to have a meal like yours : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Master of Masters, add my blog please.. I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that a family meal is a great moment and it is a memory living forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi teacher, I read this story and can say that is beautiful memory, sometimes is necessary laugh and live this type of unique things with the family.
    But... the only thing boring is having to clean all the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Simon! you have a very big family,
    Great history and meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! that's such a big family!! I think it must to have been an amazing fight. Very funny. I have never had a fight like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and funny your memory about that great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Simon Teacher!
    You have a big family!
    How many brothers or sisters have you?

    ReplyDelete