Friday 24 October 2014

A Concert or Exhibition


Hi Blogheads: Today I'd like you to write about a concert or exhibition you went to. I'm going to tell you about the last gig (concert) I went to. So, on October 9th, I went to see Damon Albarn in Teatro Caupolican. It was a really great show. I was never really a fan of Blur, the group Albarn became famous with, but I liked the Gorilaz stuff and loved The Good, The Bad & The Queen. This concert featured songs from all of these sources plus tracks from Albarn's latest solo album - Everyday Robots. The musicians were top quality and they put on a fine show. The band were joined by special guests including a rapper, an 8-piece Gospel choir, and a Norwegian trumpet player. I liked the fact that the concert was varied. Damon had a really good connection with the audience and it was a great atmosphere - lots of sing-a-longs and friendly banter. Teatro Caupolican is a great place to see live acts, especially if you are in the standing area. It's a very intimate venue and this helped make Damon Albarn's gig something special. The only bad thing was that the crowd didn't encourage the band to do a second encore. This is a major flaw in nearly all the concerts I've been to here.



Write about a concert or exhibition you went to.
Say:
What (who) it was,
When and where it was,
Why you went,
What you liked about it,

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 250 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a great concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caupolicán is a very good place to make concerts, I like the concerts in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also i like gorillaz, this band in live makes very good concerts, with a good audiovisual material

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorillaz is really good, you should have had fun there c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teacher , I not know to Gorillaz, but independent non know , I think sometimes insist artists to stay on stage alone is sometimes... :c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great artist and very charismatic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Teatro Caupolican, I think is a place great for go to a concert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading that Teatro Cupolican is a great place to make concerts. I'm entering to its web site and I'm watching there will be a presentation of Maelo Ruiz the next wednesday.

    ReplyDelete