Friday 3 October 2014

A Group Activity

Hi Blogheads,

Today I'm going to tell you about a group activity I like to do. Actually, there are lots of group activities I've done on a regular basis all my life. When I was younger my I would go on long walks with my family. Then I joined the scouts as a young boy. I've also made music in lots of different groups (and places) as well. However, today I'm going to talk about playing football. I got into football and I've played that in a group for over 40 years (phew!). I played in my school team from the age of 10 or 11 until I left school. Then, we a group of friends, we joined a local Sunday league and after that I've played more or less non-stop since. In Chile I play with a team on Wednesday evenings at Zamorano's in Bilbao with Padre Hurtado. I meet these people though a friend of a friend at a party and they invited me to play. That was about 8 years ago. Actually, I've only played a few times this year because had an injury and then didn't have enough time.
The last time I played footbal was about two weeks ago in Perth (Australia). I was on holiday and Pedro, a Chilean friend, invited me to play with his work mates. I enjoy doing this group activity for a number of reasons. Firstly, it helps me relax by getting rid of built up stress and tension. When you're playing you forget everything. It also helps me keep a fairly good level of fitness although it's easy to injury yourself if you're not careful. It's very easy to organise. You only need 2 or more people, a ball and a couple of jumpers for goalposts and then you can have hours of fun. Finally, it's a great way of sharing and working with other people in a fun environment.

Write about a group activity you do now (or did in the past)
Say:
What it is,
How often you do (did) it,
Who you do it with,
How long you've been doing it,
What it involves,
Why you enjoy it.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blog of at least 3 classmates.

13 comments:

  1. Nice haircut Professor! I didn't know that Carlos Cazsely's style were so famous in Europe!
    Leaving jokes.. I think that sports must be something essential in our lifes. Today, with all the bad food that we eat and the rythm of how things are happening, our body needs a way out to remove the stress. And, talking about evolution, we are made for moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing to relax and have a good moment is to practice a sport, I also like playing football :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. jjajajjaja i was a scout when i was a child until when i was sixteen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine you making music than playing football

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you've been playing football for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teacher I never think that to you like play football, is a activity fun, but I think that more that like for the activity , is for the time that you can share with your friends. Is my conclusión

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simon, you are very versatile hah

    ReplyDelete
  8. The king of "square meter" !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally, I think that when we do a group activity, it can be very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 40 years, huh? that's very long time. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good picture and hairstyle haha :)

    ReplyDelete